experiences of Student Activists
The purpose of this study is to better understand the experiences of student activists engaged in activism and resistance related to racism, sexism, homophobia, and other identity-related oppressions. We would like to better understand student activists' experiences to help people who work on college campuses better support student activists. This research will be shared at various professional development conferences for university faculty, staff, and administrators. We will work to maintain participant confidentiality by using pseudonyms to identify participants and their institutions.
We will be conducting interviews in person or via GoogleHangout, Skype, FaceTime, or phone. We anticipate interviews will last between 45 and 75 minutes.
If you are interested in participating in this study, please fill out this form indicating your interest and a member of our research team will be in touch to schedule an interview.
Members of the research team include:
- Chris Linder, Assistant Professor, University of Georgia, 706.542.0791, email@example.com
- Stephen Quaye, Associate Professor, Miami University, 513.529.6851, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cori Bazemore-James, University of Georgia, email@example.com
- Taylor Cain, University of Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meg Evans, University of Georgia, email@example.com
- Marvette Lacy, University of Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wilson Okello, Miami University, email@example.com
- Ricky Roberts, University of Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- TJ Stewart, University of Georgia, email@example.com
- Erin Weston, University of Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact any of us with questions.
This study has been approved by the Institutional Review Boards at the University of Georgia and Miami University.